Christmas is often a time for giving and sharing, but we were astounded by the level of generosity shown by the local community this year. Thank you so much to everyone who gave their time and support over the festive season!
“The Restore Christmas events raised an excellent £1,808 to help us in our vital work. Events were held at across all of our recovery groups, where Christmas gifts, music and festive winter food and drinks where on show, and of course Santa Clause! I helped out decorating the Beehive making for a great festive atmosphere, and also with handing out flyers. A big thank you to everyone who helped out at the events, ran stalls or visited, and enjoyed the festive cheer with us.” – Richard, Beehive Member
Read Sally’s letter about Littlemore’s Christmas Event
In addition to our fantastic member-led events, the Oxfordshire community were incredibly generous in their time and support. We’d like to say a HUGE thank you to:
- Paula Airey, who braved the cold in a street collection and raffle drive, raising a fantastic £165 (pictured)
- The Oxford City Health Podiatry Team, who collected £95
- Cowley Marsh Fleet and Maintenance Team raised £42.20 in a Christmas collection
- The Firry Mic, who raised £145 at their open mic night (it was firry good…!)
- The Ultrasounds and The Aneurhythms, who raised a whopping £486.97 at their sold out carol concert
- All who organised and attended the Lord Mayor’s beautiful Christmas Carol Concert, which raised an astounding £2,500 for Restore and Unlimited Oxford
- Sainsbury’s Heyford Hill, who held a Christmas Collection and Raffle, bringing their fundraising total to an unbelievable £2,815
- Residents of Plantation Road, who raised £25 at their New Years Party
- Everyone who sold, or donated for our brilliantly successful Christmas Raffle
- Sainsbury’s Westgate, who wrapped up the Christmas season by organising a Gift Wrapping Stall over Christmas week, raising an amazing £564! (pictured)
We also received some incredibly generous individual donations. We were able to thank most people personally, but to those who donated anonymously, please know we are so grateful to you for supporting our vital work.
Of course, none of this would be possible without the amazing volunteers who gave up their time during the busiest period of the year to help at our events, everyone who donated prizes, sold raffle tickets, and showed so much support.
2015 is set to look just as exciting, with loads of great events and activitieslined up. Wishing you a Happy New Year from everyone at Restore!