Our Elder Stubbs Recovery Group is now open.
Sessions have fewer numbers and have Covid protocols in place to meet government guidelines.
All recovery sites following Covid do now have an enhanced capability to offer this in special circumstances with a time limit to members where attendance is not possible on their day of attendance
This might include:
- Signposting to online support groups
- Signposting to benefit support, food banks, volunteering opportunities,
and any social networks
- Discussing relevant recovery goals, e.g. maintaining wellbeing, creativity, exercise, good eating, maintaining contact with friends/family
- Sharing news and tips from staff, and the other Recovery Groups
- Sharing information to help you prepare for the resumption of regular life, i.e. maximising job readiness if you are working with an Employment Coach
We are based at Elder Stubbs Allotments in Cowley, East Oxford. We offer opportunities to socialise and learn new skills in horticulture, cooking, marketing, woodwork and other crafts. Together the group decides what activities they will do.
Our members have been cultivating approximately two acres of mature allotment land since 1997. We have seasonal flower and vegetable beds, orchards, woodland and sensory and wildlife gardens. All the produce is sold in our allotment shop and to local caterers and businesses. As well as our garden produce, we sell jams, juices, craft and woodwork items, and recycled tools.
Elder Stubbs is open between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Lunch is provided. From 3pm to 4.30pm there is an optional peer support and social group. Members usually attend one or two days a week.