Setting up a Justgiving Page
1. Click here, then click the box that says “Fundraise for us” (in the top right corner).
2. You will need to sign into Justgiving. You can choose to log in via Facebook, or enter your details on the form
3. It will ask you “What are you doing? If your event is not listed, select “Personal Challenge”, and enter event details.
4. You can create a URL that is easy to remember (e.g. Matt-runs-for-Restore) – this will be the website address for your page.
5. Select “No” for the question “Is your charity contributing to the cost of your fundraising?”
6. It will give you a chance to customise your page, give it a title, and explain what you’re doing.
In the box that says “Tell Supporters Your Story”, you can explain what you will be doing, and why you’re supporting Restore. This is your chance to convince friends why they should donate. The more personal, the better – your friends will want to know why it’s important to you.
If you’d like to include some information about Restore, here’s a paragraph you can use: Restore supports people with severe mental health problems in Oxfordshire to recover and secure employment. They help people regain their confidence and well-being through valuable activities: tending to community gardens, making woodwork and crafts to sell, and running shops and cafes. They also provide one to one support to help people achieve their goals and overcome barriers to employment. Find out more here.
7. Once you’ve saved this, your page is up and running!
You can make changes to your page by clicking the “Edit your page” button in the top right corner at any time. This allows you to set a fundraising target, add photos and give updates of your training.
8. Once you have your page, you can send the link to friends on facebook, or through emails – it’s a great way for people to sponsor you, even if you don’t see them in person (for example, any family members who may live far away) – people can give a donation online with a debit or credit card, just like shopping online.
If you have any problems at all with setting it up, just get in touch (Hannah – 01865 455822), and we can give you a hand.
In person You can also collect sponsorship money in person — you can print of a form here.
If people are UK taxpayers, encourage them to tick the Gift Aid box and write their address – this will allow us to collect £1.25 for every £1 they donate – at no extra cost to them!
Get in touch (01865 455822, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like us to send you a copy in the post.