Our Beehive Recovery Group has now opened fully for face to face contact and structured group activity with shorter sessions (9.30-2.00pm) Monday – Friday
Sessions have fewer numbers and have Covid protocols in place to meet government guidelines.
- All recovery sites following Covid do now have an enhanced capability to offer this in special circumstances with a time limit to members where attendance is not possible on their day of attendanceThis might include:
- Signposting to online support groups
- Signposting to benefit support, food banks, volunteering opportunities,
and any social networks
- Discussing relevant recovery goals, e.g. maintaining wellbeing, creativity, exercise, good eating, maintaining contact with friends/family
- Sharing news and tips from staff, and the other Recovery Groups
- Sharing information to help you prepare for the resumption of regular life, i.e. maximizing job readiness if you are working with an Employment Coach
We offer opportunities to socialise and learn new skills in horticulture, woodwork and other crafts. Group members decide together what activities they will do. We place a strong emphasis on design and creativity.
The group provides members with opportunities to learn skills, gain insight into their strengths, and consider positive changes they want to make. We acknowledge that this can be hard work, so regular time is set aside to reflect on how things are going, both as a team and as individuals.
Our members, staff, and volunteers are responsible for the beautiful planting and maintenance of the Manzil Way Gardens. Throughout the year, everyone is welcome to come and enjoy the gardens.
The Garden is accessible to wheelchair users and/or people with limited mobility. It is also a safe garden for children to play as we very much welcome them to have a first-hand experience of nature.
The Beehive is open between 9am and 2.30, Monday to Friday. Lunch is not currently provided due to Covid protocols. Members usually attend one day a week .
A morning meeting discussing the day’s activities any future events and information sharing.
Taking part in the group activity of your choice.
Mid morning tea break.
Continuing with your activity.
Sharing lunch prepared by the members and volunteers(currently suspended due to covid}
Carrying out communal chores.
Afternoon activity session.
End of day meeting – Checking in with everyone before they leave for the day.