6 January: Our South Oxfordshire Recovery Group has closed for the time being. We are operating our Remote Support service as it was during the first lockdown.
Your Recovery Group teams will be in touch with you with any updates as soon as they can.
Our Recovery Projects have closed for the time-being.
Recovery Project members will continue to receive Remote Support through an individually tailored phone support call on the day they are due to attend their Recovery Groups.
Our staff will provide individual phone support depending on your individual needs. This might include:
- Signposting to online support groups
- Signposting to benefit support, food banks, volunteering opportunities, and any social networks
- Discussing relevant recovery goals, e.g. maintaining wellbeing, creativity, exercise, good eating, maintaining contact with friends/family
- Sharing news and tips from staff, and the other Recovery Groups
- Sharing information to help you prepare for the resumption of regular life, i.e. maximising job readiness if you are working with an Employment Coach
Based in Didcot, we offer opportunities to socialise and learn new skills in horticulture, woodwork, arts and crafts. Members have been cultivating our two-acre site, which includes an orchard and vegetable beds, since 2005. Members decide together what activities they will do.
Members have opportunities to gain insight into their strengths and consider positive changes they want to make. We acknowledge that this can be hard work, so regular time is set aside to reflect on how things are going, both as a team and as individuals.
The Group is open between 9am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (women only on Fridays). Lunch is provided. From 3pm to 4.30pm there is an optional peer support and social group.
Members usually attend one or two days a week.
The Group meets at Fleet Meadow, which is less than a mile from Didcot town centre. The site has good public transport links, disabled access and car parking. For members who are unable to get here otherwise, we offer a minibus service.
- Fleet Meadow, Sandringham Road, Didcot, OX11 8TP
- T. 01235 817 215
- F. 01865 455 834